Anhydrol Forte - 60ml
How does Anhydrol Forte work?
Aluminium chloride is an effective antiperspirant that is applied to the skin to control severe excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). It works by blocking the sweat glands. This causes the pressure of fluid within the sweat glands to rise to the point where it shuts off sweat production.
The antiperspirant is applied before going to bed at night and should be washed off in the morning. It should not be re-applied during the day. Over time, sweating will stop during the day and the number of times you apply the antiperspirant at night can be reduced. (See the information leaflet provided with this medicine for further details.)
This medicine should only be used on small areas of skin, ie the armpits, hands or feet, to ensure that no detrimental effects occur from widespread blocking of pores and obstruction of sweating.
What is Anhydrol Forte used for?
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) of the armpits, hands or feet
- This preparation is for external use only.
- Ensure that the affected areas to be treated are completely dry before application.
- Avoid contact of this medicine with the eyes and the moist membranes lining the inside of certain parts of the body, eg mouth, nasal passages (mucous membranes).
- Do not apply this medicine to broken or irritated skin.
- Avoid getting this medicine in direct contact with clothing, polished surfaces, jewellery and metal, as it may damage them.
- Do not bathe or shower immediately before applying this medicine.
- Do not shave or use depilatories on the area of skin being treated within 12 hours before or after applying this medicine.
- This preparation is highly flammable. Store below 25°C and keep away from naked flames.
Not to be used in
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can Anhydrol Forte affect other medicines?
There are no known interactions with this medicine.